Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday - Day 1 at the Virginia Horse Trials

(This morning's view from the trailer window - where Emily and Debbie Slept)

It’s was a beautiful day here in Lexington, VA with the riders of Great Bay Farm. Although nobody rode today, it was a day of putting everything together for the weekend events, which start tomorrow morning at feeding time – 6 AM.

While the riders rode their horses and walked the CCI* and Intermediate cross country courses, I worked on finishing up a website … but I had a little help from Hershey.

As the show mom to the group, I woke to a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains to our east. This is my first time here in Virginia and I must say, it is a beautiful part of the country.

I rented a golf cart to get myself and my squatty JRT around this large horse park. It has two cross country courses, 5 dressage rings, and many other arenas. Plus, it’s just really fun to drive!

After unloading the saddles and riding gear from the trailer, mucking stalls, and stocking up on some necessities, Emily took a few moments to get some love from the horses.

Sue was a bit apprehensive about the very large bounce on her cross country course, but was reassured by Hershey that he is ready.

And when the day was done, we headed out to dinner with friend Cindy Wood and several of her family memebers who have come to watch her ride this weekend.

Tomorrow – Friday – Susan and Hershey begin their first Intermediate Horse Trial as a team. Dressage first, then Show Jumping. And I hope to have some video from each.

So until tomorrow … Have a great ride!

No comments: